Friday, July 3, 2009

Pig's feet in NYC


I'm a little behind, but just to backtrack a little I have to share how my last night in New york went. So in order to be a vigilant tourist, I spent my last day waking up early to get to the Early Show then taking a fairy out to Ellis Island and Liberty Island which was great but my highlight came when I followed Jedd's advice to check out his favorite Spanish restaurant. I had told him I missed Spanish food (especially croquettes), so he said he'd call a friend and get me a nice reservation in front of the cooks, so I could watch them make my meal. . . Well when I arrived they invited me to go next door for a glass of wine while I wait for my table. So I walk next door and the server walks right up to me and pops a bottle of Champagne and says for friends of the family you drink complements of the house. So standing in this beautiful wine bar in the heart of Manhattan, I felt like VIP. Then when they sat me at my table there was more cava and complementary appetizers to come. One of which was delicious pig's feet croquettes! I thought maybe pigs feet in Africa was a possibility, but in NY, no way! But after watching these chefs through together the most beautiful dishes I knew I' be a fool to let the thought get to my head. So I ate up and turns out I love pigs feet! (well at least at Casa Mono). Then afterwards I went out to some incredibly beautiful little bars with Jedd's brother and some of his advertising co workers. It was a wonderful way to end the evening! but im out of time!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Jaime-Louise,
    You make your Daddy proud. I would never get your mom to eat pigs feet no matter where we were.
    love you
    daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaimer's Gramma is trying to connect with you..so this a test...hope it works, enjoying your blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, hope this gets to you, finally figured it out with the help from your mom..sure hope you continue keeping us updated, we all are enjoying following your journey with the great advantages of technology..remember what gammacrzy said,,be safe, be smart..love you,

    ReplyDelete