Monday, July 6, 2009

IAMsterdam


So it seems I am always a little short on time when ever I get chance to post, so I apologize if my posts lack a certain quality. But in short, Emily and I had a wonderful time in Amsterdam. We stayed at a Irish Pub/Hostel, which were it lacked in space it made up for in charm. However, I think we spent more than we anticipated throughout our visit...oops. Our first day we rolled in around 7 am and unloaded at our hostel and got right to work. Our first day we rode a train out to a little town called Weesp where we rented bikes and rode them through the countryside to a little town that had a beautiful castle. Then we were totally pooped, so we took a nap. Afterward, we got invited to go on a pub crawl by a certain handsome Australian... so how could I resist?? Emily was more logical and stayed in, but surprise surprise, I decide to rally. I'm glad I did though, I met a lot of really great people who made our visit very memorable. The rest of our trip went as you could hope: VanGogh Museum, boat ride through the canals, merangue lessons from Colombians, Heiniken tour, lots of beer and Yatzee! Oh and I may have tried a certain pastery, but don't worry padres it didn't really work, I was so worried I'd eat too much, I never ate enough. So when it came time to leave, for various reasons I was sad to go, but how could you ever be too sad when you know your next stop is Africa?

1 comment:

  1. Thats my girl! See everthing you can, you can sleep when you get old. We all loved your email videos. I sent them on to others.
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete